Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Emily question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member BitsyGirl996's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2006
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is putting Emily in Kit's scooter outfit historically right? I mean,does it work for 1940s,not only the 30s? Thanks!
    Bitys

    <font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ September 29, 2006 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Bitsy02 ]</font></font>

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 13, 2006 02:43 AM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member vgdag94's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2005
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It would probably be out of style by Emily's time but it's possible she could wear it. I'm not expert though.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Kenshinchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can imagine Emily wearing "hand me downs," especially to play in, since the poor girl came to America without much in the way of clothes. So if you'd like to give her the outfit, it may be a bit of a stretch, but I think it would be OK. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it would work just fine for Emily!

    As for being realistic, my oldest and youngest sons were born 10 years apart, and the youngest has worn lots of the oldest's hand-me-downs! Ten years just isn't that long for children's clothing styles--it may not be the latest fashion, but will usually pass for everyday without any trouble at all. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2006
    Posts
    482
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would say "yes" Emily could wear the scooter outfit and be ok. Remember, since the 30's and 40's were Depression/ War times, I can't imagine kid's clothing styles really changed dramatically. I'm going to speculate and say that people probably didn't have the resources to even worry too much about kids' styles. Also, in Kit's books she refers quite often to having old, too small and worn clothing so I'd figure Emily may not have faired much better in real life.

    If you get the Scooter outfit, you will not be disappointed! I adore this outfit--I'd even go so far as to say it's one of my personal all-time favorites. All of our dolls look darling in it too. I've got lots of pictures of Holly wearing it in our first Zoo album, if you want to check them out.

    HTH!

    Katie

  6. #6
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A lot of people made their own clothing. If the outfit was made from a pattern, it is likely the pattern would have been reused. Ten years is not that much time to pass. I have a lot of patterns from 10 years ago, lol. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member QueenNellieElizabeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2006
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oo-er! Emily will be okay in that... Okay she'll look absolutly Fabby! I think it will work like everyone said the patterns dont change much for kids clothes, expecialy during that time, they both have peterpan collers.
    I have a lot of patterns from 10 years ago, lol.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My mam has a lot of patterns too, even from as far back as the 70's, she said she would make me a shirt from this one pattern from when she was my age, she better get on it before it goes out of style agian. LOL!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner flowerinaag's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2006
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it will work!!

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 30, 2006 12:24 AM: Message edited by: flowerinaag ]</font>

  9. #9
    thepidget
    Guest thepidget's Avatar

    Post

    I think it would be all right. The AG clothes from the 30's don't look all too different from the clothes from the 40's. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •